Last weekend I had the chance to take Christmas photos of some great friends of ours. We have known them for about 12 years now. We’ve talked to them about getting their pictures done for several years and we finally made it happen this year. It was a lot of fun. We went and took pictures in downtown Tomball during the annual Christmas Parade. Of course we didn’t realize it was parade weekend until the night before, but we went with it. I can’t imagine them being any better. I am so excited I finally shot in downtown Tomball and I definitely will be again.There were so many different settings in such a small area. We kept moving from one to the next. It was great. We shot for about 2 hours with them and the kids were great the whole time. Some shoots with kids after about 20 minutes have had enough but we got to keep going with them. Here are a few of my favorites from the day. One side note, they are not the most publicly affectionate people but I did get them to hold hands in one of the pictures, which I considered a triumph! Tim hardly complained.
To me, professional photos are a must for all families. In this day and time almost everyone has a camera on them at all times. Either on their phone or they carry a little camera around with them. Even a growing number of people have a DSLR camera now (those are the big cameras that look like old film cameras). But how many of you actually print these pictures out and put them on your wall, office, or just around the house? Instead, if your like most 90% of your photos no one ever sees and the other 10% end up only on social media, leaving the halls of your home bare or, as I’ve actually seen at friends houses, a picture frame with the picture that came with the frame. I remember growing up and actually having pictures around the house of our family. When I go to my grandmas house she still has my senior picture of me and my Camaro hanging on her wall and it brings back fond memories of that part of my life and that day.
When you go out and hire a professional photographer it should always be a special occasion. You get your family, dress them up, and then get to hang out and have fun with them. It is a way to remember that moment in time with you and your family. When you have kids, one minute they are babies, the next minute teenagers, then before you know they are in college and moved out of the house. Because of this I believe you should hire a professional, at least once a year, to freeze this time of your family. You can go get a family studio picture every year, but they’re not able to capture the personality of each member of your family like someone who goes out and spends time with your family, like we do.
Please join us for a lot of family fun this year as we take your family photos and customize a Christmas card for you. We are offering 3 dates this year for Mini sessions. Please see our flyer below for what’s all included and contact us for any questions you may have. Click here to check for available dates and times.
I had the opportunity to do a photo shoot with Julie and her beautiful baby boy and girl. It was a lot of fun, even though the humidity must half been over 200%. Her little girl was so precious. As we walked around taking pictures she would grab my finger and walk with me. I am looking forward to doing this again in the fall with their dad.
Me and one of my best friends finally got the chance to meet up and do a photo shoot with her family. It was a lot of fun, but I’m pretty sure there was 100% humidity. We even had someone fall in the water. It’s always exciting when kids are involved. It was a lot of fun. Thanks Robyn.
A few months ago I blogged that I donated a session to the yearly Tomball Regional Hospital Gala. Yesterday i finally had the chance to take the photos. It was a lot of fun. The kids were excited and had been waiting to take the pictures all day. They got out of the car with big smiles on their faces. We took these at Pioneer Village and the old train station in Tomball.